Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have eczema on my penis. Can you help yh. Yh HSV-2

I have eczema on...

I have eczema on my penis

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Can you help yh

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yh HSV-2

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

sure
one second
here u go

Got it--thanks

What's your question about it?

is that eczema or psoriasis or skin cancer?

OK

Not cancer or psoriasis and it really doesn't look like eczema--just an area of hyperpigmentation and nothing at all serious

If you'd like you can use topical hydroquinone cream to get rid of it.

Please let me know if you need any more information

do you mean hydrocortisone cream?

No--hydroquinone

It comes in nonprescription strength over the counter

okay, but it is very dry too and responds well to topical steriods. I used a cream called Pevisone Cream (Econazole nitrate 1%, Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%) and it helps after 2 weeks application.one more question, what causes this hyperpigmentation ?

It just occurs--no specific cause

okay will check it out and give you a call when symptoms improvesHow long should I use this cream for?

Twice a day for two weeks

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

sure will do that, but 1 more question,the affected skin looks more dry tho, hydroquinone literally just lightens the dark spots (depigmentation), you still think i should use it for my dry skin condition?

It won't worsen the dryness and you can combine it with the Pevisone cream

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice