Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has a skin rash on her knee thst won't go away.

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a skin rash on her knee thst won't go away. It is

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Nothing really. It is only on one knee and there isn't any swelling. They look like tiny white bumps

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She's had soft stools on and for a few weeks now.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dermatology
10/1/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 10 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Just added a file

Got it--thanks

How long has she had it and have you tried anything for it?

She's had it for about 2 months and we've tried eczema cream
It started off as just a few bumps and now it's getting bigger

OK

It's not eczema

These look like a cluster of molluscum contagiosa--caused by a virus similar to the one that causes common finger warts

Nothing too serious and usually they go away on their own

But for now you can try over the counter RetinA or Retinol cream

A dermatologist can also eradicate them with a cold CO2 laser

Please let me know if you need any more information