Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I red itchy bumps on my armpits and by my thighs. It’s been…

Customer Question
Hi, I red itchy...

Hi, I red itchy bumps on my armpits and by my thighs. It’s been going on for over a week now and I’m starting to get some dark scarring if I scratch too much in some areas. Any help?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?

Starting around last Tuesday. I’m not sure what, but it seems to be getting a little worse as more bumps start to appear and become really itchy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not much other than I’ve had asthma before.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Can you share a picture of it?

is it possible?

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, the lesions you have are most likely to be due to fungal infection or allergic dermatitis. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available clotrimazole cream twice daily and 1% hydrocortisone cream twice daily can help you a lot. Wash the area with soap and water, let it dry in open air, mix both creams and apply on the area. Do it for two weeks. Lastly you must take over the counter available tablet claritin once daily for 7days. If symptoms persist, see your doctor but hopefully this will not be required. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards