Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have scabies and am undergoing treatment with permethrin…

Customer Question
I have scabies and...

I have scabies and am undergoing treatment with permethrin and a prescription topical. This has been going on for four days. Now, my feet are swollen. Can scabies cause the swelling?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Just today.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm type II diabetic.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/25/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 9 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

No, this isn't from the scabies but it's a common side effect of the permethrin

Nothing too serious and it will subside in time

For now I'd suggest benadryl to help with the swelling

Please let me know if you need any more information