Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

How to treat itching of the scrotum? Redness, and a bad

Customer Question
How to treat itching...

How to treat itching of the scrotum?

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Redness, and a bad itch.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Better with the use of Gold Bond methylated powder. Worse if I do nothing or scatch.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/25/2017
Dermatologist: DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 10 months ago
DrK99
DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
This is a yeast infection otherwise known as jock itch. Gold bond powder will not cure it. You can treat it with an over the counter antifungal. Lotrimin ultra or lotrimin gold. Apply twice a day for at least a week.