Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

For the last few weeks I've had a small lump/growth on my…

Customer Question
For the last few weeks...
For the last few weeks I've had a small lump/growth on my ear. I noticed it just when touching my ear, it doesn't hurt. In the past year I've had recurring pimple-like things in a similar spot to this - they start, look like pimples, I eventually try to pop them but they aren't quite pimples, they get sore, then heal completely. I get these on my fingers and sometimes my toes, too, and haven't figured out yet what they are. This thing on my ear is different than that, but in the same vicinity of where the pimple-like things show up sometimes. It's hard, doesn't move, has no head to it, and only hurts if I really press on it. I have a dermatologist appointment in 3 weeks, but wanted to get some insight/peace of mind before that. picture attached. That is what it looks like when I press it out. It just looks like a slight swelling when I'm not touching it. Same color as my skin, or a tiny bit pinker.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/25/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 10 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

That's a simple benign cyst from a blocked oil gland

Not cancer and nothing serious at all

Nothing topical will work on it but it can be easily excised under local anesthesia if it bothers you

Please let me know if you need any more information