Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I recently began checking my penis for lumps and the like. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I recently began checking...
Hi, I recently began checking my penis for lumps and the like. I noticed these bumps on the lower shaft of my penis and scrotum. They are only visible when the skin is stretched out and usually (but not always) are at the base of a piece of hair. They are extremely small in size (1-2mm) and skin coloured although some of them are a white at the very tip. I'm worried about an STI (specifically genital warts)... What could these be? is it contagious? I can attach a photo if need be.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Dermatologist: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

You should be able to post a picture.

Could I email it to you? I don't want the picture to be visible to others...
Dermatologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Please accept the offer to send the pictures by email. I will reply here after seeing the pictures.

Thank you!

Dear customer,

I am not able to send the offer. I will try again.

I am not able to send you the offer.

These lumps and bumps are likely to be Fordyce spots or pearly penile papules which are very common. They are not at all worrisome and are harmless. This does not indicate the presence of STI or genital warts. They are not contagious.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a

mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dermatologist: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.

Dear customer,

Please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & the effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you.