Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

How are you? I have seen a doctor. I've been diagnosed with…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, how are...

Hi Pearl, how are you?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have seen a doctor. I've been diagnosed with cirrhosis. I'm currently on Ferrous Sulfate, 325mg, Pantoprazole 40mg, Folic Acid 1mg. But that's not why I'm contacting your team.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes. I have an appt on Wed. I've got a lot of skin damage. Where my leg is swollen, dry patchy skin, bleeds just by moving and I have a few areas that I get a quick shooting pain that makes it difficult to sleep and my leg will kind of spasm.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?

Yes, a lot of scaling. It's progressively gotten worse. There's blood and puss that leak out around my ankle.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/24/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having bad skin issues.

a damage liver can cause skin issues.

cirrhosis of your liver can cause your liver to not make enough albumin protein which helps hold blood and fluid in the blood vessels.

thus with cirrhosis, you can have blood and pus leak from your ankle skin.