DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

My scab came off my knee and I've been to the pool twice.

My scab came off my knee and I've been to the pool twice. Now it looks like this and it hurts today. Is it ok?

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I see it.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I wrote the question above the photo. Does it look ok? Not infected? Hurts a little.

It is mildly infected.

It needs, at minimum, a prescription cream called mupiricin which your doctor or a doctor needs to prescribe for you.

You should be doing hot soaks at this point.

Epsolm salts added are good.

Mild infection.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks!! I always rate you. You answered me about this when it was still a scab.

anytime

any questions

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Warm washcloth in the tub with epson salt felt good. I also put Frankincense oil on it. Ok?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I won't be able to get a prescription until Monday right?

If it does not clear up you can get a prescription, but any quick clinic can do that

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
We don't have a quick clinic. It hurts as I'm trying to sleep. Looks redder.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Should I just try to sleep? It's not really serious is it?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have Sarna. Is that good for it?

As I said, we are not going to treat you on line.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I found an acute care clinic!!!

very good