Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My scab came off my knee and I've been to the pool twice.

My scab came off my...
My scab came off my knee and I've been to the pool twice. Now it looks like this and it hurts today. Is it ok?
9/24/2017
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I see it.

What is your question?

I wrote the question above the photo. Does it look ok? Not infected? Hurts a little.

It is mildly infected.

It needs, at minimum, a prescription cream called mupiricin which your doctor or a doctor needs to prescribe for you.

You should be doing hot soaks at this point.

Epsolm salts added are good.

Mild infection.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Thanks!! I always rate you. You answered me about this when it was still a scab.

anytime

any questions

Warm washcloth in the tub with epson salt felt good. I also put Frankincense oil on it. Ok?
I won't be able to get a prescription until Monday right?

If it does not clear up you can get a prescription, but any quick clinic can do that

We don't have a quick clinic. It hurts as I'm trying to sleep. Looks redder.
Should I just try to sleep? It's not really serious is it?
I have Sarna. Is that good for it?

As I said, we are not going to treat you on line.

I found an acute care clinic!!!

very good