Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a weird mole on my elbow not sure what this is. Can…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a weird mole on my elbow not sure what this is. Can you help?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

All good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/23/2017
Dermatologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Please share a photo

Here is the pic

Well it could be an evolving lesion so difficult to say exactly what it is. You need to observe it closely for any changes in appearance , color, size and border irregularity .

For how long has it been there?

I've had it for a three weeks maybe longer and it has changed colour it was red like a burn and now this...what can it be?

Well it could be an evolving basal cell carcinoma. If that then it has very good prognosis. Can be excised which is curative in most cases.

You can consult your doctor for dermatologist referral to get a biopsy of the lesion.

Ok...I also have the attached mole in the same arm, not sure what that is...is it the same?

Well this seems more ulcerated type lesion that is more typical of squamous cell cancer .however it can occur in BCC too so we need a biopsy to be sure on this

Have you been travelling of late? Any insect / flea bites?

I've travelled a bit but not sure maybe but they've been there for a month or so, they don't hurt or anything.

Ok ,you will need a biopsy on these lesions to be exactly sure about the diagnosis. Definitely need to rule out sinister causes like skin malignancies .

hope it was useful

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor