Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I had a couple of skin things down below & I pulled them off

I had a couple of skin things down below & I pulled them off by hand. They bled a good bit but were really easy to take off. I’m wondering & worried about is it genital warts or could it just be a couple of skin tags?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I just noticed them a couple of days ago, freaked out, & pulled them off right then. I do have eczema which is a constant battle for me, but it typically is in my elbow creases & on my hands. I do have one spot of eczemaon my outside labia that comes & goes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I’ve had some diarrhea & kinda irritation going on down there this past week also. Idk if that would be related or a reason to cause these skin things. There was a stomach bug going on at work.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What exactly did they look like and were you able to pull them entirely off?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They were skin colored & kind of hanging or dangly, definitely not flat against my skin. There was one like on my vulva towards the bottom, one on the skin between my vagina & rectum, & one right outside my rectum. & yes I pulled them completely off pretty easily.

OK

Then they had to be simple skin tags

Genital warts don't look at all like that and you wouldn't be able to easily pull them off

So nothing to worry about here

Please let me know if you need any more information Maegan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can skin tags be on mucous membrane type tissue? Just asking because I can’t remember if it was in the skin part of my vulva or more on the vagina side of it. & is there a cause for me getting them down there if it’s just skin tags? Also if it is genital warts then would they have other symptoms than me just seeing them? Like these things didn’t bother me at all, I just happened to notice them when I was applying my eczema medicine to a place down there.

Yes they can occur there and there really isn't any trigger for them to occur

And genital warts usually don't have any symptoms--they don't itch or hurt

But I'm sure these weren't genital warts

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thank you

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you