Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I recently noticed that I have horizontal crease in my

I recently noticed that I have horizontal crease in my finger nails.. it's not noticeable unless I have nails polish on and I put my nails up to the light.. I'm googling and a lot is coming up. Is this anything to be concerned of? I should add that I recently had blood work and I did have low iron?

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
See attached

Got that--thanks

Nothing serious at all--these are called Beau's lines and usually they are just a sign of aging or sometimes trauma to the nail bed or zinc deficiency

Yes, they sometimes can be a sign of something systemic like diabetes, peripheral vascular disease and sometimes anemia but in your case I see no reason for any concern

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you so much!! I have to stop googling .. lol

Dr Google can scare the Dickens out of people Kristina

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you