Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have razor bumps with ingrown hairs that often are cut and…

Customer Question
I have razor bumps with...
I have razor bumps with ingrown hairs that often are cut and bleed while shaving. How can I treat and prevent these bumps?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Dermatologist: vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 8 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query. Stop shaving for a few days,contact your doctor who can prescribe the correct antibiotic like Minocycline/Clindamycin to heal the folliculitis. When the skin settles down and you restart shaving,shave in the direction of the body planes thus reducing ingrown hair.

vakularen
vakularen