Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

For the second time in 20 years Ron is covered with a severe…

Customer Question
For the second time...

For the second time in 20 years Ron is covered with a severe rash that is extremely itchy. The itch moves from area to area and his hands and arms have swelled to at least twice the normal size. He is on the third day of taking 6-5mg tablets of prednisone but it is not helping. what else can he try.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

It started about 4 months ago and I have been trying to keep him on a nickel free diet as he is allergic to nickel. have tried a perscription lotion with hydrocortisone, lidocane and menthol and it sometimes helps a little. I also try zincofax and have mixed some cortisone and clotrimazole.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has had dental implants, hip replacement and last April had a bone chip placed with stainless steel wires for a broken neck.He also has a pacemaker, almost have a bionic man!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/21/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 8 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page for me?

Can I send one to you by text?

Use the paper clip icon on this page to post it

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist