Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

2 weeks ago I noticed a flesh colored small bump on penis…

2 weeks ago I...

2 weeks ago I noticed a flesh colored small bump on penis glans. I squeezed it a bit and nothing appeared to come out. The next day it had a small dot like a scab in the center. I picked at it and the next day the scab was a bit bigger. The scab went away in a few days. There appeared to be a small flat shiny flesh colored spot that remained. I put a topical cream on it and it improved to where you can barely see it. The only unprotected sex I had was brief oral. I don't think it's anything but perhaps friction, skin irritation. But wanted advise

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

This was about two weeks from start to finish. No other issues except I did have many bug bites around the same time on legs and hips

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

See attached
Let try chat for now
Hi still there?

Got it--thanks

What kind of cream did you use?

It was a topical steroid
The appearance has changed where the smooth shiny spot is more textured like the normal skin.

OK

Nothing too serious--not herpes or genital warts

These are a type of Fordyce spots--small benign cysts

Usually they go away on their own but you can try over the counter Retinol or RetinA cream twice a day or they can be removed with a cold CO2 laser by a dermatologist

Please let me know if you need any more information

Should I be worried that there was a scab. It was that more likely caused by my squeezing?

No worry about that

Just caused by your squeezing

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Thanks for your help. I am relieved