Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

2 weeks ago I noticed a flesh colored small bump on penis

2 weeks ago I noticed a flesh colored small bump on penis glans. I squeezed it a bit and nothing appeared to come out. The next day it had a small dot like a scab in the center. I picked at it and the next day the scab was a bit bigger. The scab went away in a few days. There appeared to be a small flat shiny flesh colored spot that remained. I put a topical cream on it and it improved to where you can barely see it. The only unprotected sex I had was brief oral. I don't think it's anything but perhaps friction, skin irritation. But wanted advise
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: This was about two weeks from start to finish. No other issues except I did have many bug bites around the same time on legs and hips
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
See attached
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Let try chat for now
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi still there?

Got it--thanks

What kind of cream did you use?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
It was a topical steroid
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
The appearance has changed where the smooth shiny spot is more textured like the normal skin.

OK

Nothing too serious--not herpes or genital warts

These are a type of Fordyce spots--small benign cysts

Usually they go away on their own but you can try over the counter Retinol or RetinA cream twice a day or they can be removed with a cold CO2 laser by a dermatologist

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Should I be worried that there was a scab. It was that more likely caused by my squeezing?

No worry about that

Just caused by your squeezing

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thanks for your help. I am relieved