Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Chip, hope you are well :) I'm now naturally concerned over

Hi Dr Chip, hope you...
Hi Dr Chip, hope you are well :) I'm now naturally concerned over my gallbladder. My symptoms are the same and I told the doctor the same as I told you however when she pressed on stomach it felt tender sore under the breast bone but also to the right. Which is the gallbladder direction. She said gallbladder can cause gastritis like symptoms. I'd like your opinion. Also if it is do I have to have it removed? Any natural remedies. It won't be a tumor or cancer of the gallbladder, liver or Pancreas? Thanks :)
9/19/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

If she thought it was a gall bladder problem did she get an abdominal ultrasound to check for stones?

I have it Monday morning

Actually gall bladder cancer doesn't cause much in the way of symptoms and it wouldn't cause upper right abdominal tenderness so drop that thought Em

I really don't think this is your gall bladder but I understand her ordering the ultrasound

If by chance you do have stones I might recommend having your gall bladder removed

But I'm willing to bet there's no gall bladder problem here

Thinking my sometimes green and sometimes light loose stools could be from gallbladder. Dr google has scared me it's liver or gallbladder cancer etc
That's hopeful thank you
I hope it's just the h pylori
That can cause the loose sticky stools? Hoping to get antibiotics by the end of the week
Also why would it be tender to the right? Thanks :)

Yes H pylori can do that to stools

As for the tenderness--hard to say exactly what that is but I still don't think it's your gallbladder

Okay thanks again I hope you are right
If it was gallbladder you think it's treatable and not terminal? No alternative to removal?
Gastritis is almost better now
The flare ups have been shorter and less intense at least
Just bothered me that it was tender to the right

I'm fine Em--we weathered Irma without any damage

Never terminal with the gallbladder and there are medications that may dissolve stones

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Good to hear you are safe. I'll keep you posted thanks for answering my concerns - again! :)

I'm always here for you Em

I know thank you very much appreciated I hope to feel well soon
I think that's it for now hopefully get more results soon I'll let you know :) have a good day

Talk to you later

Yep definitely will haha thanks

Take care

I've had urgency and loose stools this morning that seemed light/yellowish. Tummy still a little tender but feeling much better. Do you still think it may not be gallbladder? Thanks

Really doesn't sound like gallbladder Em

Okay thank you. Sorry to bother you again, I'll just have to wait on my bloods. Do you think it's worth stopping the nexium so I can have breath test?
h pylori can flare up go down in a couple of days then flare up again?

No need to stop the Nexium

Yes it can be very fickle

Why don't you think it's my gallbladder?

Simple doesn't match the typical symptoms

Even with tenderness to right why do you think she wants to test?

Just to check your gallbladder for stones

I personally wouldn't have ordered the test

Okay thanks :) so symptoms still sound like h pylori to you?

Absolutely

Okay hopefully it shows on bloods and I can get antibiotics then :) thank you

You're welcome as always Em

Are you available? Thanks :)

Here Em

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice