Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Can you please take a look at a picture of some skin lesions…

Can you please take a...
Can you please take a look at a picture of some skin lesions and tell me if they are fordyce spots or something else that should be of any serious concern
9/19/2017
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help wit your query.Yes,these are ectopic sebaceous glands which are seen on the shaft,they are filled with sebum and are called fordyce' spots.Nothing need be done ,if you are worried and want a removal,any dermatologist will help with lasewr removal of these spots.

they are not anything close to genital warts, right?

Rarely,flat warts may be seen but they will be hard in consistency .These do not appear to be hard genital warts.

U mean warts would be lot more of a keratinized skin?

Yes,the surface may be rough and granular.They will be hard and firm to touch,not soft like skin.

vakularen
I can't thank you enough for your kindness and help. Truly appreciated and treasured
vakularen
vakularen