Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

Hope you are well thanks for quick reply. Gastritis is back,

now it's feels like I...
Hope you are well thanks for quick reply. Gastritis is back, now it's feels like I only get 2 good days followed by one bad. Symptoms this morning are growling/gurgling stomach though my chest feels tight and I feel like I want to burp but can't. I've had loose stools and I feel like I've got reflux. I was laying on couch last night feeling great though I may have laid down too early before meal digested. Could acid reflux cause the gastritis? I'm trying to do everything right and take my nexium. I was very stressed yesterday afternoon. No idea what else it could be. Thanks!
Could it be bile reflux?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Em--remind me--have you been screened for H pylori?

No not yet
I haven't been able to get off nexium

Bile reflux?

can the reflux be causing the gastritis
Maybe reflux from liver?
Should I go to doctors and say I can't get off the nexium cause of gastritis can I take antibiotics and nexium for a few weeks and see how I go?

Bile reflux only occurs with a peptic ulcer sometimes

But at this point, yes--ask your doctor to give you the antibiotics since I think you definitely have the H pylori infection

Really? I hope it's just that. So symptoms sound very much like that? If I have it will my son have it?
I feel better when I eat and sometimes it goes for 1-2 days and returns. Does that still sound like it?

No your son won't have it but why does it worry you?

Can h pylori cause my loose stools as well?
Is that why nexium won't fully heal it?

Yes it can

And Nexium alone won't treat it

Okay I'll go get antibiotics
you think it could really be it? How long to recover from h pylori?
Any reason why it goes for a day or two and comes back

Takes about two weeks of the antibiotics and yes I definitely think it's H pylori

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Thanks I'll drop in and ask for antibiotics hopefully they allow me to get them without test as I don't want to have a week off nexium
I haven't had antibiotics in years so I should be fine
How long should I take nexium for after completing antibiotics?

For two weeks after you complete the antibiotics

Fingers crossed that's it! I'll keep you posted thanks for your patience

Always my pleasure Em

How long after taking antibiotics should I see results? Relief of symptoms?

Two weeks after starting them

Doctor said she wants me to do bloods first then will send script to pharmacy
She said bloods will show antibodies regardless of nexium
She also mentioned she wanted to check for gallstones as they can give the loose stools and gastritis symptoms
What do you think?

That's definitely one way to go with it

But what you've told me simply doesn't match a gallbladder/gallstone problem

Well I hope you are right!
What about the bloods?
Frustrated I couldn't just get the antibiotics

Potentially that will detect the antibodies but the stool sample is more accurate

Are you still free? Thanks :)
I have more queries when you are free thank you :)

On now

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice