Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My glans is really dry and scaly. Should I be worried? Well,

Customer Question
My glans is really...

My glans is really dry and scaly. Should I be worried?

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Well, occasionally I get red bumps and itchiness from what I assume is some kind of contact dermatitis. But now its just really dry looking, with fissures.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?

I've used both clotrimazole, nystatin, and most recently mupirocin. The last one has worked the best for the bumps. Whereas the nystatin has really thinned my skin out. But they all seem to cause it to become really dry. And I've dealt with it maybe 6-8 times this year, 2-3 times last year.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2017
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 11 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Yea

do you have a picture?