Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had repeated bouts of paronychia. Now the base of two…

Customer Question
I have had repeated bouts...
I have had repeated bouts of paronychia. Now the base of two of my nails are black rimmed and no one has been able to tell me what causes this or suggest a resolution to the problem. Would this be cutaneous candidiasis? Because of my age and certain medications I now take. I would be happy to find a resolution (if there is one), that does not necessistate oral medication, if possible.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/12/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon replied 11 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post the picture of it.

Thank you.