Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

What is this on my sons Nose. He is 5.

Customer Question
What is this on my sons Nose. He is 5.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/11/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 11 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

It's called molluscum contagiosa and it's caused by a virus

We see these all the time in kids

Nothing serious and usually it goes away in a few days or weeks

It doesn't need any treatment

Please let me know if you need any more information

It is flesh colored. It isn't changed. Or gone away with any creams. It isn't itchy. It appears to have a dimple in the center in some photos but hard to see when I look closely with a light.
Ok. I sent another message with another photo. Sometimes I see a dimple. Sometimes I can't tell if there's one.

It's definitely molluscum

But it can be easily removed either with liquid nitrogen freezing or with a cold CO2 laser by a dermatologist

Ok. Here's one more photo. Sometimes I can't see the dimple so I worry it isn't that.

Absolutely molluscum