Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a slightly sensitive area on one side of the shaft of

Customer Question
my penis which feels constantly...
I have a slightly sensitive area on one side of the shaft of my penis which feels constantly tender, stings/ burns occasional. When I look at the skin, I notice a subtle difference. I have not had sex for many years although occasional masturbate. What can this be????
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/10/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

can you upload a clear jpg photo of the sensitive skin area?

it is normal for the penis skin area to be sensitive

when you masturbate, you could be irritating the skin in that area

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician