Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I've had this rash for a couple months now.. Been too

Customer Question
I've had this rash for...
I've had this rash for a couple months now.. Been too embarrassed to go to the dr due to location. At first, it was believed to be scabies, because my ex girlfriends family and gotten it. After 3 rounds of treatment, it has not lightened up. The head of my penis is red and peeling, the shaft has red bumps that itch like crazy, as well as my thighs and upper legs itching. Please help
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
9/10/2017
Dermatologist: vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 8 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Can you please attach some photographs,thank you.

Pictures are attached
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 8 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Still need help?

It is possibly a fungal infection with secondary bacterial infection, severe allergy and persistent scabies can also cause this. It would be best to discuss this with your PCP/doctor who can examine you and guide you .A oral dose of Ivermectin will cure the scabies if other methods fail.You definitely need to be seen by a doctor who can decide the further course of action.Use of antihistamines like Loratidine/Claritin or Allegra/Fexofenadine may help.Antifungals may be needed if it is a fungal infection.,this persists more in the groin anmd the folds of the scrotum and gives a musty odour.

3 of the 4 I will agree with, scabies I may debate but I guess it is possible. Just not sure how it still could be, I've done 3 cycles of treatment including the bath, the sulfur soap, and the scabies cream, and had no improvement. My ex had gotten to the point where she wasn't very clean, so I could definitely see the bacterial or fungal side of it. Attempting to use lotrimin ultra, and it gives some relief of the itching..

Oral Ivermectin will clear any residual scabies,oral antifungals like Terbanifine/Itraconazole for 2-3 weeks along with local antifungals will clear up any fungal infection.Secondary bacterial infection may need antibiotics which will need a prescription from your PCP.

vakularen
vakularen