Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Do molluscum contagiosum aooear flat, like not protruding

do molluscum contagiosum aooear flat, like not protruding fro skin? Alson, the the molluscum always have a dimple in the center?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: not sure how long, a couple of months maybe
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i get paranoid about stds

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there are more
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
one more
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the NP at dermatology cryoed them, except the one on the palm of my hand

Got those--thanks

Do any of these itch?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no they aren't itchy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The NP said they are molluscum contagiosum, what i've read online indicates they are contagious so I have been using alot of bandaids. The Np said it wasn't necessary to cove them with band aids
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been sleeping with nitrile gloves on because I am worried about spreading them.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have another issue I would like to discuss as well, the NP cryoed what she believed to be a wart in my belly button. I am a little worried about that, how could I get a wart in my belly button?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there Dr?

I'm here--hold on

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks

Which of these have been cryo'd?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all of them were cryo'd except the one on the palm of my hand.
I should probably explain, the situation. About a month and a half ago I noticed i shared a keyboard with a coworker that touches her mouth alot. SO, i got worried and started paying attention to my hands, founds little odd bumps not sure how long they have been there.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the one at the top of my index finger and middle finger were cryo'd, as well as the one on the tip of my middle finger. on my left hand in between my middle and index finger there was a different looking growth very small, the NP said it could be a wart and cryo'd it, it formed a blister.

OK

Yes they do look like molluscum but once they've been cryo'd they are not longer contagious--and they are only contagious with skin to skin contact

As for the art in your belly button, yes that can sometimes occur there but nothing serious

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this on is on my left hand, it wasn't cryo'd

That really doesn't look like molluscum--just a small cyst

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am wondering still a couple of questions, is it okay to sleep with the nitrile gloves?

Yes--that's fine

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the ones that haven't been cryo'd, do they look like molluscum as well? The NP wasn't seen them yet
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
from what I understand, the molluscum virus clears the body completely over time, is that right?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is it common for people to only have like four of the molluscum i'm pretty sure they were on my hands from a long time ago, why would it not spread?

Yes they do look like molluscum

Usually they clear on their own and the virus is gone at that point

They can appear in clusters but they don't always spread

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can I do something to make the cryo'd parts heal faster? also how do I keep this conversation private?

I've just made the page private

Use some vitamin E cream on the cryo'd parts

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will do, thank you sir. If I have other question can I contact you again?

My pleasure

And I'm here daily so just start a new question page with For Dr Chip Only