GauravMD
GauravMD, Dr
Experience:  MBBS, DCH, DNB (MD), with special interest in Dermatology
239748

My son has developed bumps and water bubbles between his

Customer Question

My son has developed bumps and water bubbles between his legs, and under arm. When I read up online it indicates jock itch. Is there anything i can get him to do or use to get rid of it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  GauravMD replied 1 month ago.

The bumps and water bubbles in the sweaty area (between legs and under arms) are mostly due to prickly heat or heat rash. The bumps and water bubbles are seen in heat rash. Jock itch is mostly a fungal infection. Treatment is different for both. Kids are prone to these due to excessive sweating, less water intake etc.

The treatment is -

- wear looses cotton clothing to avoid sweating

- tell him to take frequent baths and keep the areas dry

- do not apply thick creams in the area

- use lactocalamine or hyrocortsone ointment in the area (available over the counter)

If the symptoms worsen or do not improve, then you need to consult a doctor for need of antibiotics

Regards

Expert:  GauravMD replied 1 month ago.

Hope your son is doing better

I hope you feel that I have given you Great Service. If so, a 5 star rating would be very appreciated. Your rating should be based solely on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated for their assistance until a positive rating is given.Regards