Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

My wife has allergies to elm tree pollens. Skin and scalp

itcy. Eyes burning. Can she...
My wife has allergies to elm tree pollens. Skin and scalp itcy. Eyes burning. Can she take meclizine for this or is it only for dizziness? How about benadryl? What else can she take OTC for this?
9/4/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Meclizine wouldn't be the best medication for her problem

I'd suggest benadryl or Claritin and topical Caladryl lotion to treat her allergy

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
A quick follow up, please. What are your thoughts on using Fexofenadine? How about Singulair? Not together, of course. Which do you prefer, or do you give them equal standing?

Fexofenadine is much like Claritin and that's fine

Singulair works in a somewhat different manner but it would also help

Thanks.

My pleasure

Please do not respond to this text. Whenever the expert responds with "Thanks, ***** ***** You, ***** ***** JA thinks I should respond back and lights up MY QUESTIONS, as if I have to answer back to Thanks, ***** ***** let's just end it here with no response back on your part.
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice