Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Pearl---- I m losing a hair in the top of my head quickly. I…

Hi Dr.Pearl---- I...

Hi Dr.Pearl---- I m losing a hair in the top of my head quickly. I need a suggestion to stop losing my hair. Can You help me please.!!! thanks, evelyn

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Ok, This situation has been happening over a long period of time. (10) years. However, the condition is becoming worse. Ok.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes, I am a Woman of Color, 70 years of age, chemically treated hair.etc.

8/23/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

As some women grow older, new hairs may not grow. The most common causes of hair loss in top of head at your age are:chronic illnesses or medical conditions,anemia,hormonal conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes or thyroid disease, certain medications,some skin disease,poor nutrition,Disruption of the hair growth cycle.

The treatment is done according to the cause.Provillus makes a natural product especially designed for women. It contains B vitamins and other natural ingredients to help prevent the hair loss. Provillus is the only topical and dietary supplement approved by the FDA to regrow hair for women.

Also apply 1 milliliter (mL) of rogaine(minoxidil) to the scalp two times a day after consultation of your doctor. So I advice you to make an appointment with your dermatologist for the prescription of these medications accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Your reply was somewhat informative, but the treatment u suggest especially rogaine has not work for me. Can recommend a hair specialist in my area for consulation. Also I am familiar with provilllus treatment. Please respond. Thanks.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As you have already used rogaine & this has not helped,you now need to consult hair doctor/dermatologist as you may need tests & examination so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Please let me know your area-so that I can recommend you a hair specialist.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I live baton rouge , la. I prefer a bd. Certified doctor. Thanks for advice. Evelyn in. B.r.
Did u suggest a hair specialist for me regarding my problem?

You can contact following doctor:

Laci L Theunissen

7855 Jefferson Hwy
Baton Rouge, LA 70809

or

Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic  

Adress:*****Suite A, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA

Ok. Thanks so much. Wish me much success.

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

All the best.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh