Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I was talking to a doctor on here about 2 weeks ago about an…

I was talking to a...
I was talking to a doctor on here about 2 weeks ago about an irritation/ cut behind the head of my penis. He had thought it may be bilanitis. And suggested I use clomatrimizole. So I used that for about 2 weeks and it did seem to help, I also used neosporin to try to heal what looks like a cut. Now I've been dealing with this cut not healing for just about a month now. It seems to periodically scab over. But just never seems to heal.
8/20/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hi Mike

Can I see a new photo?

Is that sore?

it is. It hurts to the touch. the dark spot appears to be a scab.

Have you been picking at it?

No. I have not touched it other than to apply the cream on it.

OK Mike

At this point it no longer looks like there's any balanitis there

But it also doesn't look infected

I suggest for now just leaving it be and not applying anything to it

If it doesn't heal completely in another week have your doctor take a look at it

Ok well that's good news that it's working in the right direction. Thank you again for your time.

My pleasure Mike

Don't forget the rating

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice