Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have uneven hair flow on the upper back of my head. This

shows after a get a...
I have uneven hair flow on the upper back of my head. This shows after a get a close shave haircut. After a week or so my hair fills this area fine and the uneven hair flow is gone. Why do i have this after i get a short hair cut?
8/18/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
How old are you?
41
You have a fungal infection of the scalp. Ask your doctor for ketoconazole shampoo. It will help. Thanks for this question. Please don't forget a 5-star rating. I appreciate it. If you have more questions just reply
I have had this uneven flow for years can it be other than what u are diagnosting?
The fungal infection can last for years

why did you rate negative?

Doc, your diagnosis was not accurate. I have never had a fungal infection of the scalp neither dandruff, which the shapoo u suggested is used for. Also my age was provided in the additional information section before the question was submitted.
It didn't show me your age. Trust me. I have seen this many times. It is most certainly what I said.
Ok. Can it be the place where i get hair cuts giving me this fungal infection? Also i was noticing i have contant scalp itch through out the day but no dandruff. Is the shampoo u prescribe like head and sholders shampoo? What else can i use for scalp ich? Will this condition improve? When i get next short haircut will i see even hair flow?

No it is just an overgrowth of fungus that comes and goes

It is not like head and shoulders. Totally different

you can take benadryl for the itch

It will improve and help the hair flow

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor