Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I scrathed a 3 mm, slightely raiesed mole off about 10 days

ago. Now there is only...
I scrathed a 3 mm, slightely raiesed mole off about 10 days ago. Now there is only a little scar. The mole disappeared and it cannot be seen under dermatoscope, either. (I went to a dermatologist to check). Before I scratced it off, it was a bit puffed/swollen. That is why I am worried, what if it was a melanoma, because change occured (swelling).
As this time the mole cannot be seen, how can I become safe that it was not melanoma.
If a doctor would excise the site, would it be helpful (to make a pathology report)?
8/18/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well, I have seen pictures.

This is only inflammatory lesion and is normal reaction. No need to get panic at all,

Such scar, can remain on the affected part for few weeks.

It is not melanoma or any other serious issue.

Please be relaxed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you. I understand that scar is normal. But how can anyone know that the picked off mole was not a melanoma?
You did not see what I scratced off...

I understand your concern.

If this was melanoma, it would have bleed heavily after picking up and you would have again seen it at affected site. You may see ulcer at that site after picking up.

As it has already been 10 days, so i am sure, that was not melanoma.

Please be relaxed. You are safe.

Don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Thank you. I am trying to relax. Just was very frigthened because of making a mole to disappear completely.You say, I don't need any further visit to a dermatologist?

No, i don't think you need to visit dermatologist.

God bless you and take care.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you very much.
Best wishes.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor