Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

What is the charge for this? I have a red rash like spot on

hello, what is the charge for this?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Dermatologist. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I have a red rash like spot on my forearm, and one on my thigh. I have pictures taken. I thought the one on my forearm was a result of some weeding I did , but then the one on my thigh appeared. They are getting better rather than worse,but I am curious. Thanks
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Just a few days. I have been putting a little neem and tea tree oil on them. But I have had them randomly before. They always go away. I have been under stress lately. Thanks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, I am otherwise healthy. The dermotologists in town have a long wait to get in, so thought I'd try this route

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could I please see your photos?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi - First one is on thigh, second forearm. Not itchy.

Got them--thanks

Just to check--have you ever had this before?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
only a few times, and I can't figure out the connection, other than they appear during times of stress. I know stress can cause skin rashes, I also have seasonal allergies. (My husband works in nursing homes, so i get a little nervous about that as well.)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am 58, so obviously skin is dryer now than when younger

OK

Nothing too serious here

This is obviously a contact dermatitis/allergic skin reaction situation

Sometimes the exact trigger is never determined

The neem and tea tree oil is fine for now

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One more question, which i just thought of. I do not eat wheat and am gluten free by choice. I wonder if there could be a connection if I am eating wheat without realizing it?

No, I don't think so

A food allergy, if you will, would cause multiple breakouts over your body

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you