Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a patch on my nose that doesn't hurt or itch, doctor…

I have a patch...

I have a patch on my nose that doesn't hurt or itch, doctor says I have dermatitis around the creases of my nose but he doesn't seem to know what this patch is. I'm very worried

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I don't have pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Ehlers Danlos hypermobile type

8/13/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page for me?

I will try, I'm using my phone as I'm on holiday in the US.

Got it--thanks

How long have you had it?

2 months

And have you treated this in any way?

I was given metrogel but it has done nothing
I also think I'm in perimenopause

OK

That would be for rosacea--a kind of adult acne

But I don't think that's it here

This looks like more of a dermatitis like what's in the crease of your nose

Certainly doesn't look like any kind of skin cancer

I'd prescribe tacrolimus cream for both your nose and the creases and that should clear it all up in about two weeks

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you, I'll tell my gp.

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Before I go please assure me it isn't rhinophyma

Absolutely not--no way

Please tell me if you think it could be rhinophyma, thank you

As I just said-no it isn't--no way

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Thank you so much, I'm sorry I didn't see your first reply. You have put my mind at rest

My pleasure and call on me anytime