Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dr. Pravin~I am glad that you got your money ~there was some…

Customer Question
Dr. Pravin~I am glad that...
Dr. Pravin~I am glad that you got your money ~there was some mix up in my account~it apparently is fixed now~I have another question at the end of this page regarding withdrawal symptons~hopefully you will see it~I will pay you again!! Martha
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
8/5/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 11 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

You can ask your query here .

I would be happy to help

Regards

Dr Pravin

I asked how long it would take to get rid of the side effects of going off opo-prednisone~I am off now but only two weeks thus far~it did not help mypyoderma gsngrenosum that I have so now I am on protopic again~it did not work that well either~ is it also a steroid~I am so afraid what will take it a way~plus these side effects are awful since I went off
Would a gravol help with my stomach

Thank you for all the information provided.

Gravol will help with the stomach .

The side effects takes a few more weeks to go in some individuals due to age or other co morbid factors.

Protopic is not a steroid : It is a non steroidal anti inflammatory medication

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Would protopic help with my problem~ and why would the pill not work~ I was told once that it was the only treatent
the prednisone I mean and is there any way to deal with the tiredness

Thank you for your reply.

The tiredness can reduce with intake of :

Protein supplements

Co Q 10

Vitamin E

Omega fatty acid supplements

Electrolyte replacement once a week

You can consider the tablets for your treatment however they have to be taken persistently and regularly monitored.

The tablets are Mycophenolate , Prednisolone ( all need prescriptions and have side effects )

He took me off prednisolone and is this causing my symptons~ and I don't want them again~ how long should it be before I feel me again~I was okay on them ~it is now that I am not feeling good and will all this leave eventually~ I was not on them that long~it makes me so afraid when I feel like this as I live alone~will the itchy feeling also go a way~what would be your choice of treatment be for my disorder~ sorry to be bothering you so much!Martha

My treatment of choice to get you out of your tiredness would be : Anabolic Steroids ( Decadurobolin )

My treatment of choice for pyoderma gangrenosum : long term maintenance with Azathioprone with regular monitoring with hyper barix oxygen therapy

I mean how long should these symptons last~my GP said about 4 6 weeks~you would think the Specialist would tell me and always said it would eventually go a way~ does itch also come with it

Yes itch also comes with it as the effect of anti itching property of the steroid goes away.

It can last 12 weeks for the symptoms to reduce ( Side effect symptoms )

I hate to ask yet another question but also will the fatique and so on also leave in that time frame~I never got that moon face~I think that you are saying I shall have to wait three months for this to get out of my system~this discourages me

It will take 3 months without treatment.

If you take the above supplementation it will resolve much faster ( over 3 to 5 weeks )

If you do not have the moon face then it may resolve even earlier than 3 weeks

Thanks ~No I never got that moon face and my dosage was very low~in fact when I asked the Specialist about that He acted surprised that I even asked that~ as the dosage was low and he said maybe if I was on it 6 months or something~I started at a .5 and ended at.3 ~ each visit I had he lowered it~I found that funny as I thought more would be better~you had mentioned protopic and he seems to have faith in that~The Infectious disease Doctor recommended that and last year when I broke my hip and when I was going home from the hospital it was as small as a loonie and almost gone~ The wound Specialist used silver and with that I had no pain at least~ my son is getting frustrated and said I should ask someone else's opinion~in the hospital I had three Specialists working on it~so I was never neglected it~they finally took a biopsy ~all along they assumed what it is was and they were right here~I was not on it very long as I would visit him once every three weeks~this is getting tire some~ he took the biopsy the last of April but kept me on the silver even after that~then he went to the steroids~maybe for a couple of months~when he saw that it was not helping he stopped them~maybe Canadian Doctors are not very smart~ do you have many patients with this disorder as it is very rare here~Marha

Thank you very much for the reply .

Yes we do see Pyoderma gangrenosum and vasculitis cases very often here . Probably there are cases related to smoking , pollution , stress , autoimmune in nature.

Since your dose was low , then definitely you would get off the side effects faster.

I wonder where you live~ I was under a lot of stress when this happened three years ago~my husband died suddenly and I had to move to a different Province to be near my son~I did not know a soul~anyway the nurse just left and the protopic ran out and the Doctor is a way~ so the nurse put something different on~that I never had before~maybe you would know~she said it had to be removed by water and it worked before for one of her patients~there is a lot of yellow on mine today~I am in a lot of pain and discouraged~ they sure are taking a long time to figure this out!! Martha
Why would the Doctor stop steroids if that is supposed to be the best treatment