Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a male, 66 years old. I am married for40 years and

Customer Question
leading a monogamous. I had...
I am a male, 66 years old. I am married for40 years and leading a monogamous. I had an unprotected sex during my college graduation in 1970 but I do not remember any STD symptoms. I have been working overseas and my medical exam for employment require me to be tested for Syphyllis. I was tested at least 6 times ( 1977/79/88/90/95 and 2012). My VDRL and RPR test results were all non-reactive/negative. These tests were all done in well known labs.
I recently became bald and I noticed I my eyebrows. Is it possible that I had syphillis although all my tests were negative
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
8/4/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 11 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

No you definitely don't have syphilis with all those tests being negative

But there could be a problem with low thyroid, or vitamin A or D deficiency so you do need blood work to check for those

Please let me know if you need any more information