Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have what seems like little bites or hives on my torso,

Customer Question
I have what seems...

I have what seems like little bites or hives on my torso, under arms and back of thighs. They itch then fade from a dime size welt to an eraser size pimple. When one starts to itch its like a chain reaction and many will begin to itch?.

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

T

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

They are not clustered, they are individual. I have noticed a few more small moles on my stomach,. I have fair skin and many moles and freckles.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

About 2 months and no other changes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
8/2/2017
Dermatologist: Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 11 months ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Are you able to upload a picture here?

What have you tried so far?

here is a pic of two under my arm. In the non reactive state right now. Itching seems to begin at night. when one itches, multiple areas flare up. Strange, but they also seem symmetrical. two under each arm, one on each side of my stomach and two on each side of my lower back and on each side of my torso. One on each side of bikini area.

Thanks for the picture.

Since they appear at night, it seems like a parasitic infection.

Scabies is one such possibility.

Cutaneous larva migrans is another possibility.

I will suggest scabies treatment first with Permethrine 55 solution to be applied all over the body one time and leave it overnight and wash off i the morning.

You can repeat the application next week.

To control itching benadryl tablet can be tried.

Best wishes