Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am exposed to the sun and heat today. A group of small red…

Customer Question
I am exposed to the...
I am exposed to the sun and heat today. A group of small red spots appear on arm. Is it prickly heat? It seems to fade and come back up. Please see picture. Will it go away onits own?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
7/31/2017
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 11 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, this is a sun rash.

It should go away on its own in the next couple days

If it doesn't you will need topical or oral antibiotics like keflex.

That will take care of it

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

In the future, how to prevent this? Sunscreen?

Yes, that is it.

SPF 30 or better