Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I was told that a Dermatologist can remove a lipoma However

Customer Question

I was told that a Dermatologist can remove a lipoma However am worried that I am pursuing the wrong kind of Phsycisan
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: the doctor said she will not remove it since it is not life threatening that the Lipoma may decrease with diet and exercise However it seems to be growing more to me
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Is age a factor? or that it is on leg?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: I call it an alien baby growing in the fatty tissues of my leg the ultra sound showed no fluid in the tumor
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Although a dermatologist can remove a lipoma but a surgeon is the best doctor to get it excised specially if it is large one. So i would recommend you to see a surgeon for this rather than a dermatologist for best results. And usually lipomas do not decrease with diet and exercise. If it is growing it is better to get it excised and get a biopsy as well.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Have a good one.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.