Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I'm diagnosed with folliculitis and its been 2 years, lot of…

Customer Question
I'm diagnosed with folliculitis...

I'm diagnosed with folliculitis and its been 2 years

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Lot of pimples in the scalp area and beard area especially on the chin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing else

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/30/2017
Dermatologist: vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 6 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.What all investigations have been done and what medicines have you taken for this?Has diabetes and thyroid disorders been rued out?Are you on medication for any other disease currently?Please give me more information,thanks.

Hello, I have been told that my immunity had gone down and this caused the severity in my condition. I'm currently undergoing homeopathic treatment from past 1 and half years. I'm not taking any other medicine no diabetes or thyroid disorders or anything else. I'm a male of age 28 years.

It would be prudent to shift to Allopathy as the folliculitis can be corrected easily with drugs and local applications.It would help contacting your PCP as evidently the problem is not fully managed by homeopathy.Use of antibiotics to settle the inflammation will probably be effective within 2 weeks ,later oral drugs and local application can help control any pending inflammation and lowered immunity.

vakularen
vakularen