Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Small tiny bumps on the inner corners of my mouth. Not

Customer Question
painful but have been there...
Small tiny bumps on the inner corners of my mouth. Not painful but have been there for some time. They clustered together and are slightly lighter than my lip color
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2017
Dermatologist: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 11 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

These look like Fordyce spots. They occur due to enlargement of the sebaceous glands in that area and are completely harmless. They do not need treatment unless you need to get them removed for cosmetic reasons. Very often, they disappear spontaneously over time.

Another less common cause could be simple warts - these may also disappear spontaneously over time or may need to be treated for cosmetic reasons.

Please consult a dermatologist if you need to get these removed.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information. If not, please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.