dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a question about circumcision scars, iritation and

Customer Question

I have a question about circumcision scars
JA: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?
Customer: iritation and itching at the point on the scar that runs down reaches the scar that goes around. looks kind of split
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no. haven't had intercourse in 5 months.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: In great health. And first time. It happened a couple weeks ago. Then I thought it went away but then I masturbated and the next day it seemed cracked or stretched open
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

when was your circumcision?

it sounds like the incision has opened up and needs more time for healing.

I would avoid mastubation for now until the area heals up better.

eating more protein, fruits and vegetables and avoiding gluten, white flour, sugar, soda, alcohol, processed foods can help you feel faster.