Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I contracted scabies then went and got the permethrin cream

Customer Question

I contracted scabies then went and got the permethrin cream did that bombed my house then I got crabs I'm never staying in a hotel again do I need to bomb my house I'm a hair dresser and I keep tea tree oil and water in a spray bottle but my car I'm concerned about and I have cleaned everything what do I do this is strsseing me out so bad I can not even explain it
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Loss of appetite and I feel like pin pricks and when I check the exact location on my body there is a white scabies looking thing and I have shaved used rod on my pubic area and scalp and I think my maid did not wash some things so I'm super worried that my clothes are still affected HELP ! I have a family trip to go on in 4 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No ive told her and I have a very long medical history I've had Necrotizing Faciatis and lost 60% of my leg and this is giving that s run for its money I'm freaked out and I have a Siberian Husky and I don't like using chemicals
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

I am sorry you have had these infections.

that is good you got the premethrin cream and bombed your house.

how did you contract crabs? did you get it from a sexual partner?

A lice-killing lotion containing 1% permethrin or a mousse containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide can be used to treat pubic ("crab") lice. These products are available over-the-counter without a prescription at a local drug store or pharmacy

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm aware of that I stayed in a hotel in New Orleans for JazzFest and I'm celibate the sheets is all I can think of never staying there again

I see.

you should also check for bed bugs in your bed and your clothes

bed bugs can be spread from hotels in warm areas.

bed bugs feed on dead skin cells

you have to wash all of your clothes and bedding in hot water and check your bed and mattress seams for bed bugs.

check your luggage as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to bomb it again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I use the bed bug bomber b/c I know it goes everywhere I just want me and my dog to live at my house only
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm about to just buy another mattress I'm done and tired so I'm going to bomb it again then retreat myself
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did that

you may need to bomb again if you find more bugs.

you may need to call an exterminator to help

you can kill bed bugs by heating up your home up to 100 degrees with heaters in your home

getting new mattress is an option as well if you find them in your mattress.

washing all of your clothes in hot hot water can kill bugs in your clothes

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I live in La. that shouldn't be a problem lol !! Thank you so bomb I can not wash every article of clothing I would spend the rest of my life washing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What about my car does it need to be treated ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've had it cleaned 3 times and have a rid can by my side I prefer tea tree oil and water to be non harmful and I think the chemicals made me really sick

you should check your car and appolstry in your car and see if you have anything in the car.

it sounds like you should consult with an exterminator to help