DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

My wife has developed a rash that has lasted for 4 months

Customer Question

My wife has developed a rash that has lasted for 4 months now. She has a rash on her head that causes her hair to fall out and a rash on her stomach,back and legs. She has had 4 biopsies from 2 different dermatologist and are the results are negative. She applied a steroid cream on her body for 2 weeks with no results.(triamcinolone acetonide). For her scalp, she has used fluocinolone and tgel the rash on her head has subsided,however she feels the products are contributing to her hair loss. She is on high blood pressure medication.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

While we can not diagnose on line, or treat, I am happy to answer questions, which is what we do.

Are you asking, what next?

What is your exact question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm looking for a solution.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

You would need a diagnosis for a solution, at least in conventional medicine.

I might help you with direction, and possibilities, but not with a 100% diagnosis, and we do not treat. However, there are avenues to pursue which we might come up with.

Can you attach the most recent biopsy report in its entirety?

And a picture of the rash?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is a picture
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
a copy of the latest report
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

ID reaction can be from infection.

Has she had anti fungal treatment?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you receive the last 2 messages
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Please see my question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you get the picture
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Yes, and I will repeat my last post to you here:

ID reaction can be from infection.Has she had anti fungal treatment?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
she has had a fungal treatment and the 1st biopsy tested negative for fungal and plaque psoriasis. Extensive blood work, normal blood count, normal thyroid
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

OK.

And has she been to any major medical center for their take, such as the mayo clinic

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, our next step is UPenn
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Philadelphia?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Talk with this doctor, for one:

Glen H. Crawford

Pennsylvania Centre for Dermatology, Philadelphia, PA
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Top 10 in Philadelphia reported in Philadelphia magazine.

Confirm that with the director of the department of dermatology if you like, but Crawford is at UPHS.

Right now you have a differential diagnosis, the pathology specimen needs to be sent to leading experts in the country [pathologists].

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.