dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My 2 year old nephew got a of a hand drill and the drill bit

Customer Question

My 2 year old nephew got a of a hand drill and the drill bit pulled a pretty big patch of hair (roots and all) from his scalp now 3 days later my sister sends me a picture of a lump on the lower right side of his hairline directly under his ear. Can the lump be caused by his hair being ripped out of his head? I video chatted with him this evening and he was running around playing and talking normal. I'm worried that the lump might be caused by his hair being ripped from his scalp...
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: My sister said that she noticed it on Sunday afternoon. She said that the lump it's soft as that it doesn't hurt him. She thinks that it might be a type of cyst.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No he is overall pretty healthy except for the normal 2 year old runny nose.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Could you please post picture of the lump and area of scalp where the hair pulled off.

Thank you.