DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Have pain in the tenosynovitis de quervain, was reading that

Customer Question

Have pain in the tenosynovitis de quervain, was reading that glucosamine and chondroitin msm can help, when went to purchase it i realised :
A.There are various pills with various strengths
B. I was asked by the sales person who recommended this to me...
1. How to know the amount / strength i require - is it just the more the better without any effect?
2. Is it necessary to have these pills recommended? and if yes by who?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm a Consultant Rheumatologist and I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Chondroitin sulphate and glucosamine are not considered a standard treatment for De-Quervain tenosynovitis

I would suggest that if your pain medicines are not working go for a local steroid injection

It is much effective than the combination of MSM and glucosamine

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you require any further clarification

If you are satisfied then do leave a POSITIVE RATING (preferably 5 stars) so that I may be credited for my work

Regards