Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I just disrobed to take a shower and ready for bed when I

Customer Question
Good evening,I just disrobed to...
Good evening,I just disrobed to take a shower and ready for bed when I saw a strange, swollen "rash" atop my left leg, which runs asymmetrically from the inguinal fold onto the leg - it is about 6x6 asymmetric. It does not itch nor is it red. It does not feel hot. Prior to this, I was trying on some clothes that a friend bought for me. The area was shaved this morning without incident. No history, no reason, and it appears nowhere else on my body of which I am aware. I am on Zithromax Z-pak for a sinus infection.I have taken one 25mg Benadryl prior to typing this. I am sending along two photos in hopes you can help me figure this out.Thank you in advance!Kristen
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dermatology
6/19/2017
Dermatologist: DermDoc, Doctor replied 5 months ago
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your pictures.

Well as you describe,it sounds Irritation or friction induced bumpy rash.

And you should apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone on affected area.

Also do cool compresses on affected area.

Continue Benadryl for few days.

Wear loose fitted cotton clothes to prevent friction.

If your symptoms'll persist or get worse then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

DermDoc
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor