Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have bad sunburn & it looks like its a bruise now and

I have bad sunburn &...
I have bad sunburn & it looks like its a bruise now and hurts a little when I touch it? Is this sun poisoning ? & if it is can it make you feel sick
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how many days are you having symptoms of sun burn?

Can you attach a picture of this?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2 days
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Photos 2
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Photo 3
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's on both of my legs and stomach
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yesterday I felt pretty sick I made myself throw up & I felt a little better.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
38; it only hurts when I touch it

Dear customer

Thank you for attaching the three pictures.I have seen them all.

The pictures you have sent & the symptoms you have described is most likely due to sun burn/ sun allergy.

Following is recommended for you now:

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

• If your skin is not blistering, moisturizing cream may be applied to relieve discomfort.

• Place wet, cold wash rags on the burn.

• Topical steroids (such as 1% hydrocortisone cream) also help with sunburn pain,tenderness and swelling.

• Dissolve 1 packet of burow solution in 1 pint of water. Soak a soft clean cloth in it. Gently wring out the cloth and apply to the sunburned area for 15-20 minutes. Change or refresh the cloth and solution every 2-3 hours. Also apply Silver sulfadiazine (1% cream, Thermazene).This will help you greatly and provides soothing affect.

• To get relief from pain,take tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg twice day.All these medications are available at counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
me feeling sick yesterday most likely is from having to much sun? Cause yesterday even with the bad sunburn I went to the zoo but I wore jeans and made sure I covered the sunburnt areas
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cause I'm more concerned on why I felt so sick last night.

More then a sun burn,this can be a sun allergy.

Also there is another possibility of skin disease known as urticaria.A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & itchy.

As you went to the zoo,possibility of urticaria/allergy from some plant or animal dendrite or anything there can cause this.

So along with above described medications,I advise you to also take an anti allergic pill such as tab.Benadryl.

This will cure the rash,redness,itching & other symptoms completely.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I do not thank you

Dear customer

It was nice working with you today.

If you are done,then please leave a positive rating (3 or more stars) for my answer above the chat box.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor