dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have had a rash under breasts armpits and in the groin

Customer Question

Good morning, I have had a rash under breasts armpits and in the groin area for approximately 6 weeks. The rash under breasts and arm pits has healed. In the groin area it had mostly healed, but has flared up again. I have been using Resolve Tinea Cream with Cortisone in it and also Curerash powder. Is there anything else that I shoul be doing.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Generally I am healthy, but have been a little stressed and have now just come down with a slight case of the flu/cold The cream was helping but have not used for approximately a week as I am not near a town, but will go today to get more cream. Should I use something stronger.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so. I have always been a fairly healthy person. I do live and work in Fiji which does get hot and steamy, and this is most likely the cause of the rash as we have had some very hot weather.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

this sounds like a fungal infection skin rash under the breast and arm pits and groin area.

you need to keep these areas dry using antifungal powders and sprays 4 times a day for 4-6 weeks

it can take many weeks to kill skin fungal infections.

don't use creams in moist areas.

use antifungal powders like nystatin powder or clotrimazole powder or ketoconizole powder.