Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I seem to be developing a rash after sex. This never

Customer Question

I seem to be developing a rash after sex. This never happened when I was younger but over the past couple of years, it seems to happen frequently...
Last year, dermatologist thought I had jock itch that spread to penis and prescribed a steroid and antifungal cream.
This is typical.... Last night, had sex and today I have a lot of red irritation and 4 small bumps in a line. It seems to always develop on the underside of my penis going up the shaft.
I've tried antifungal creams, powders, that seems to help but it comes back in some form again and again. I would like to prevent this from happening.
I have photos
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you can see, there are 4 small bumps in the middle of the redness...I guess my question is, how can I prevent this from reoccurring....
You can look back, I've posted a question similar a couple months ago. Idk if this is all related but something is going on, because I never had these problems when I was younger...idk if my skin is more sensitive now?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I think it is a mix of both friction and trauma during sex and moisture under your penis increasing risks for fungal infection.

make sure you use water based lubricant during sex to decrease friction.

after sex, make sure you wash with soap and water

and then apply baby powder under the penis to keep the skin dry

in the summer, excessive sweating and moisture in the area can increase risks for fungal infections.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Doctor...yes, we discussed this issue before...I agree with the causes, as it has been very hot the past couple weeks. I have tried very hard to adhere to your past advice.
Is there a specific soap you recommend? Perhaps something for eczema or sensitive skin that will not irritate the skin? Or specific lotion to help strengthen the skin?
Is there's specific baby powder? I've heard, that baby powder with corn starch in it can feed a fungal infection?
Perhaps, I'm just getting older and have to take it a little easier in the bedroom lol.

I would use Dove soap

I would use Johnsons and Johnsons corn starch baby powder. will not feed a fungal infection. it will fight moisture on the skin and prevent fungal infection and keep the skin dry.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com