Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I found a small freckle on top of my right foot and it was…

I found a small...

I found a small freckle on top of my right foot and it was not there before. It was the day I wore a very heavy sock with a flat show. My right foot hurt a lot the next day and then the freckle appeared. Could be something really serious?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain is gone now. The freckle is still there.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really.

5/17/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo on this page for me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just a second.

No problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here it is

Got it--thanks

Is it completely flat?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Completely flat.

OK

Nothing at all serious

Skin cancers like squamous cell and basal cell carcinomas don't look at all like that, and melanomas don't just suddenly pop up like this

This is likely just a small area of hyperpigmentation--a bit like a freckle--that was caused by wearing the heavy sock

It may well disappear in a day or two but it isn't anything at all serious

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you doctor. I was really concerned.Should I put sun protector in my feet too? It is Ok?

That's perfectly OK

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice