Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

There's a group of bumps on my upper waist, they're painful

Customer Question

there's a group of bumps on my upper waist, they're painful to touch but don't ooze anything
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Started last thursday/Friday after work, only painful to touch but showed up outnof the e blue
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing that comes to mind
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please attach photos here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If it lets me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Have you had chicken pox in the childhood?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't recall ever having it
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Alright, this rash looks like shingles, a painful rash that is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox. The rash is due to reactivation of the chicken pox virus, and is most common in older adults and people who have weak immune systems because of stress, injury, certain medicines, or other reasons. This rash is contagious and can spread to other people from you and for those who have not had chickenpox before will get chickenpox when exposed to a person who has shingles but for people who have had chickenpox before only develop shingles again.

I would advise that you have this seen by your PCP for a more accurate diagnosis. The treatment for shingles is nothing more than pain relief and bed rest. The condition resolves by itself within a week to 10 days. But if this is shingles, you will need some time off work and your doctor can write that for you.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
None
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Alright.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.